1. You show up at my studio with an idea. Could be with guitar/vocal piano/vocal or just lyrics.
2. We spend a couple of hours finding the right tempo, key, arrangement and the right groove for your song and do a simple track.
3. You leave (you are welcome to stay and watch, but this really is the tedious part) and I program drums, keys, play guitars and bass. I send you the rough track later that evening.
4. Come back the next day (or when schedule permits) and sing the vocal. This can take a few hours. Leave again and I send you the mix later that evening.
5. You have the option for 2 mix revisions (ie; vocal up +1db, guitars down in the bridge ect)
Here are some examples:
This is assuming your song is ready to cut when you come to the studio. I also work with writers that don’t play any instruments or really sing for that matter, but may have lyric ideas. This process can take as long as 5 days.